Monday, April 7, 2008

The lion gets a hair cut

Jake's mom used to read a story to him about a lion that got a hair cut. Just like the lion, after a hair cut, there's a large pile of red hair/mane!!! He never wants to cut it off because he likes when it curls in the back. Although he's handsome no matter what.... long hair combined with a "thinning" scalp isn't the best option. So, we had a little fun Saturday.


Here's a picture I snapped of Jake while he was doing some homework.
After my lion's hair cut.
It turned out pretty good. We were happy with the results.
For those who are curious.... my interview went really great! The University has made their decisions, but I won't find out till sometime this week. I'm super nervous, but whatever happens will be the best for Jake and I right now.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Was this the first time you cut his hair? It took me like two hours the first time I tried cutting Kevins hair. I think I've got it down to 15-20 minutes which is good. The back looks good, do you have a frontal picture? Keep us posted when you hear back from the University!

Tina said...

It looks like you did a good job. I've only cut Dave's hair once. He was pretty reluctant to let me do it at first, but how he's wanting it done again. Fun stuff.
Good luck with the University. Let us know what happens!

Raelynn said...

Jakes hair looks great! The lion story is funny. I love cuting the boys hair, it's another bonding experience to remember. I cut the boys hair pretty easy 1/2 inch all over.. I can only cut Joels hair if i want to look at a buzzed head!! haha so maybe twice a year..
We agree with you on that.. everything that heavenly father wants for us will happen..

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

Tayli...we miss you guys. The weeks always seem so long because we are all so busy. Jake's hair looks fabulous...Frank had me try once, but I chickened out because I didn't want to ruin it. He's pretty particular! Anyway, I'm glad to hear the interview went well...keep us posted! :)

Amanda said...

That is awesome you cut his hair-I cut Justin's hair once-and I'm so scared to do it again! I was awful-but it's time for another one. Maybe I'll have you come do it. :)
No-Justin actually went to Declo, he graduated a year before us. He was friends with like, Nick Ramsey and Bret Wardle(Bret dated Whitney Beck) and that group. My family moved in right by his house and in his ward before he left for college, so that's how we met after he got back from his mission. And we got married a month ago and it's been GREAT! I'm loving it! :)
Yes-when you are in Provo we really need to get together! My cell number is 208-431-5304. I'm excited to see you!

Rochelle said...

Looks good Tayli. Whit won't let me cut his hair- I think he is too afraid of me making a mess of it.

me and him said...

wow! nice job. james has to go to the freckin' spa to get a hair cut. he won't let me even touch his hair. let alone, cut it! of course i think that is the only 'metro' trait he has! btw...when we gonna hang out??

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Awesome job on the haircut...it can be intimidating, huh? I've been cutting Nick's for 8 years, and I also cut the 3 boys' hair. It's like a haircutting party every other week!

Good luck with everything, let us know when you hear back from them!

PS-My blog is set to private now, so call me with your email address so that I can add you to my invited readers list. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Tayli,
I finally figured out how to set my blog to private. Give me a call with your email address so I can put you on my invited readers list. :)
-Shauntae