Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter 08

Jake and I decided to stay in Logan for Easter this year. We felt like we needed to be at our own ward Sunday for our callings and that it would be Easter just the same as long as we celebrated the Saviors' sacrifice and resurection. We planned a fun dinner with a few of our neighbors and friends so we could still enjoy some company for the Holiday. It turned out great! I learned how to make Au grotten potatoes and carrot cake... both were delicious. We even had a visit from some mystery bunny that morning! He left us grass and candy filled baskets. Mine also included hair supplies and love notes stuffed into each egg. Jake got his favorite treat in the world Mountain Dew. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and a relaxing time to reflect on the Savior.

7 comments:

Cordie said...

Your easter baskets are cute. Michael wishes before we had kids that I would have gotten us easter baskets but I just didn't, I am so boring!

Royal Princess Academy said...

Tayli- you are so cute.... The Easter Bunny came to my house as well ;)! Anyway- it sounds like you had a very relaxing day.... You need one of those every once in awhile.

Raelynn said...

Your potatoes and cake sound yummy! I wouldn't mind sharing recipes. I love the Easter baskets, since we have kids we don't do much for each other just the boys but i think i'll start to get us easter baskets next year. It's great to think about all the great things the Savior did for us. Let us know when you are free to hang out or i'll call you to hang out.

Rochelle said...

At my house the Easter bunny brought all the supplies for the baskets- but never put them together...what a busy bunny! OOPS! hahahaha. Cute picture of you and Jake! :)

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

Hey will you send me that recipe? They were delicious! I'm glad the easter bunny visited both of you. :)

me and him said...

check you out, little ms. domestic! go you! hey sorry about last night. we just decided to stay home after all, but one of these times we'll get you two babysittin'!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

The adults get Easter baskets at our house too. :)