Jayli and Kynli's teachers have provided online lessons and assignments that are easily manageable. They are both very self motivated and enjoy school work. Now that we've been home schooling for a month, we have fallen into a simple rhythm each day with school work in the morning usually only taking an hour or two. Charli has benefited as well. She listens the the girl's lessons and is learning a lot. I've helped her one on one learn several letters and numbers too. I purchased 2 months of ABC mouse, an online program that used activities to learn. They all love it and it's an easy way to supplement their education.
I've taken on extra opportunities to bake and let the girls help me. I learned how to make sourdough. I’d plan dinners 2 weeks in advance and only go to the grocery store every 2 weeks. I go at 7am and hope to get some things to restock our supply. Certain things are so hard to find, like pasta, rice, milk, potatoes, yeast. I’d leave the store filling the back and all seats in the van. The hardest part is making dinner every single night.
We do fun crafts with the girls and science experiments. I get to stream live workouts online. We're grateful we got our lawn in last year and can go outside and play.
I want to remember buying a birthday cake and we sang “happy quarantine to us”
I want to remember how I had to call Sams every morning to see if they had toilet paper, and finally when they did and bought some for several friends too.
I want to remember standing in line outside before they'd let us in the store because there were too many people.
I want to remember sanitizing my groceries for hours after I brought them home.
I want to remember how neighbors and friends shared and helped each other.
I want to remember face timing grandparents regularly.
I want to remember long bike rides and side walk chalk.
I want to remember how I had to call Sams every morning to see if they had toilet paper, and finally when they did and bought some for several friends too.
I want to remember standing in line outside before they'd let us in the store because there were too many people.
I want to remember sanitizing my groceries for hours after I brought them home.
I want to remember how neighbors and friends shared and helped each other.
I want to remember face timing grandparents regularly.
I want to remember long bike rides and side walk chalk.
I want to remember making a pool out of our tramp hole because the swimming pool was closed all summer.
I want to remember having to standing 6 feet apart from my sisters and parents when they came to say hi instead of getting to hug them.
I want to remember sunday school lessons in the living room.
I want to remember the way Charli said "cawona bywis"
I want to remember cancelling spring break plans.
I want to remember ministering 6 feet away but enjoying friendship.
I want to remember reading scriptures and playing a game every night.
I want to remember having to standing 6 feet apart from my sisters and parents when they came to say hi instead of getting to hug them.
I want to remember sunday school lessons in the living room.
I want to remember the way Charli said "cawona bywis"
I want to remember cancelling spring break plans.
I want to remember ministering 6 feet away but enjoying friendship.
I want to remember reading scriptures and playing a game every night.









No comments:
Post a Comment