Planning on being away from the people you love most is a lot of work. I try to plan as much as I could to make less work for Jake. He planned to take the girls to Highland for the weekend to have his family's help. So I packed bags for the girls and tried to have everything clean and meals planned. We tried to get in enough snuggled and kisses for the 6 days I'd be gone. I had to leave before they woke up so Jake face-timed me while I was waiting at the airport and we said good bye. Jake took the girls to Highland that day so his family could watch the girls while he worked. Charli didn't feel well. By 9pm she had a high fever. Jake didn't have a thermometer so Jen ran to the store and bought one. When he took her temp, it read 105.5! That's so much higher than I've ever seen with any of our girls. Jake and Becky immediately ran to the car to have Charli seen. Jake called the insta care in Provo because they were still open. He told them he was on his way with a 13 month with 105.5 fever. They got there right before they closed the doors. They triaged her and said they could't seen her because her fever was too high. They had to go to the ER. Jake was so mad because he had told them that before. So they jumped back in the car and drove to the ER in Orem. Her temp there only read 103. They did and US to check for a appendicitis. They cathed her and checked for a UTI. They ran blood work on a Virus panel. After a couple hours with still a fever they gave her ibuprofen and tylenol doses together. It still took over an hour for her temp to come down. Without any answers they admitted her. Jake said the pediatrician there was really great. She said her panel came back negative for the virus they tested for. She could have roseola that cause such a high temp. She decided to send them home so Charli could sleep better. Jake said his dad was still in his clothes on the couch when they got home to listen for the girls. In the morning Tiff came and got Jayli and Kynli to come play at her house so Charli and Jake could rest. We're so lucky Jake decided to stay in Highland an extra night. Everyone chipped in to help. Leon even washed and folded all the girl's clothes. Charli slept a lot Sunday and her fever never returned. He said they all talked about it and decided not to let me know until I got home. I would just be worried and there wasn't a way to get me home any sooner. I'm actually glad they did. I would have been a mess. Because I was bawling they whole time Jake told me about it afterward. They came home Monday. Bre brought them dinner that night. We had already planned on that but it worked out perfect. I had made her husband and kids dinner while she was on a trip a week before. I got home Tuesday evening. Kam and I rang the door bell and Charli and Kynli were so surprised to see me on the front step! They jumped in my arms and hugged me. Giggling and jumping up and down. I loved it so much! Jayli was super cute when she got home after dance at 6. She told me she kept my kissing hand and missed me a lot.















No comments:
Post a Comment