Saturday, August 25, 2012

Top of Utah Half Marathon

 
I completed my first half marathon! I trained 10 weeks this summer for it. I have to admit, I didn't think anything past 5 miles was even a possibility for me. But once I started running 8,9,10 miles I was blow away! It's amazing what our bodies are capable of. I couldn't have accomplished anything without Jake's encouragement and help with Jayli so I could get out and run 4 days a week. And I wouldn't have even signed up if it wasn't for my neighbors that pressured me into it. I guess this was good peer pressure. :) We had so much fun looking forward to race day. We trained together and talked about it constantly. The night before the race, we picked up our race packets and had a big carb loading dinner at firehouse. These girls are so amazing. I'm so glad we all stuck with it and hit our goals! Great job ladies!



 
 
 
Here's me just about to cross the finish line! 1 hour 58 min and 48 seconds

 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Taryn said...

That's awesome Tayli! 4 miles has always been where I stop too so it is nice to hear that maybe I can get passed 4 miles too! I will probably start with a 10k though(: How awesome that you did a half marathon! That is so cool!