Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Proper care and feeding of Jake

I just finished this book, recommended by a few other women I know that have read it. Suggested for a great start for a happy marriage. I decided to read it because Jake it the most amazing, caring husband and why not see if there's anything else I could learn to give him the best care from me. I meant to read it before we got married but the wedding planning took up all my time. At first I was hesitant because it seemed like a book about putting women in their place, in the home with the kids, really against anything but a traditional home. But it's not. It's about how to make yourself happy by serving your husband. It explains how men think. How men were raised by women as children and embraced by women as adults, so always seeking acceptance, approval and appreciation from us. The book showed me how to appreciate Jake even more than I did before! Jake said that one of the reasons he wanted to marry me was because of how I served him. How wonderful I treated him when we were dating and how I always did special things for him unlike girls he'd dated before me. Even though I already made him happy, he said it's even more wonderful now, because of things I picked up in my book. I suggest this book to even the happiest couple. I bought it at the Book Table. It's not too long and very entertaining for whomever is intersted.

3 comments:

Cordie said...

I read that book a few years ago and LOVED it! I think I should read it again.

me and him said...

how did your pasta turn out??

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Marci, It was very yummy. Our neighbors liked it too. Thanks for letting me borrow your cook book!