Saturday, October 2, 2010

Who doesn't love the spot........ where the tundra GROWS!?


















I've contemplated how to fit this amazing trip into one post. We were gone for most of the month, took 1300 pictures... No way around it, it will be long. I've tried my best to pick our favorite shots. It was just such an incredible experience. From huge, wild animals to great glaciers and mountains. Alaska at it's best in full Fall, it was wonderful.



Everyone was so nice. Jake's boss's wife, Charlie taught me some great recipes and she was so fun to cook with. I loved the plane rides! Bob (the boss) did a "wing over" a.k.a. back flip, with me one day when we flew over Jake's camp. It was such an adventure! Thanks so much Bob and Charlie. The beautiful "three sisters" in front of the Kipchuck river. A landmark from base camp. Jake's boss flew me out to Jake when they killed this moose. I hiked down to Jake and helped him pack his stuff back to the top.
































We drove down and stayed in Seward for a wildlife and glacier cruise one day. We started most days with some hot cocoa. We weren't even on the catamaran yet and we spotted a whole bunch of jellys.















We drove through this oneway tunnel to Whittier. One the other side they had a beautiful little town with a full harbor of boats. The tunnel is 3 miles long. The longest in the world! We drove to sterling and stayed in a cute little cabin on the Kenai river. We did some fishing here.










Our little Nelli stayed at Jake's parents with her Grandma Polly Dog. They became great friends the two and a half weeks they were together. We were so excited to see her and take her home. Jake loves these dogs so much. Thanks Leon and Becky.
We have hundreds more pictures and even more great stories to tell. Hopefully we get to share them with everyone in person. We really had an incredible time and to top it off we didn't have a drop of rain the whole time! Jake planned practically our whole trip. He's such a great hubby! It will be hard to top this trip next time.

8 comments:

Jaylynn said...

How fun! Looks so so beautiful. Always on an adventure :D

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! We are glad your home though someone really missed his girlfriend.

The Karrens said...

Holy Cow! We are so glad that you are home now, but it looks like you had an amazing time. We definitely want to hear about all those other stories in person.

flyfishingak said...

Good looking bears that you took this year. You da man for sure. Your trip to Girdwood looked fun. I miss eating at the Double Musky that place rocks for sure. I like the fish that you both caught. Wow I miss that place big time. I had a fun time in Kodiak though this fall.

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! Beautiful pictures! I look forward to hearing about the fun adventures! xoxo

Jill said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! you will have to share stories this weekend! Such pretty pictures!

Kacee said...

We want to come and hear some stories. What a great vacation!

Joanne said...

Your pictures are breathtaking!