Thursday, March 11, 2010

Food Storage

The best part about having a house vs. little apartment is that you have more space! Jake and I made sure to designate an area for food storage in our home. We placed a cold storage under the front step in the basement. Jake got me one of those cool "Shelf Reliance" can shelves before we moved and I have been so anxious to get it set up and filled up! Well not only did Jake do all that for me but he built all these cool shelves to fill the rest of the room to utilize our space. I love how handy he is! I took advantage of the case lot sale at Lees last week and have been motivated to make a food storage for us. Not too full yet but I'm excited about what we've accomplished. Mostly apple juice jugs full of water but isn't that what we'd need the most in an emergency? We've also been filling our chest freezer to add to our storage. We've got more hamburger than we could eat in a year thanks to Jake's parents. And I've been added to it more generously now. It feels good to be a little more prepared.





We've also been loving the puppy! Jake will let her come in the house only to watch hunting videos. It's actually pretty funny. Nelli will just sit there in her kennel next to Jake and just watch the geese on the t.v. Jake even taught her to sit. She will sit every time we tell her to now. I'm amazed how good of a puppy she is. Hunting dog in training.

5 comments:

Jill said...

your dog is soo cute! and i love the food storage space! way to be prepared. :) p.s. i like you

marci said...

i love those shelves. we have a couple and they are seriously so handy. i love that i can instantly see what i'm out of due to the roll-out effect! and hey, if you ever want to be a sales rep for food storage and stock up on free stuff let me know....i've got hookups!

i was looking at this with bo and he said "look, it's jake and dog!!" it was pretty cute! we love the puppy!!

Sandra said...

Those reliance shelves are pretty cool. The puppy is so cute!!!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

Nelli is getting so big! You need to bring her for a visit again soon. Love the storage area as well! Nice to be prepared!

Jaylynn said...

That is super nice! Can't wait till i have storage space. Your puppy is cute!