Monday, February 22, 2010

My First Benelli


This is a Benelli...............

............and this is a Benelli.
But I got the cute one! Jake got me this little, black lab for valentines day. She will ultimately be the best hunting dog so we named her after the best shot gun. But we call her Nelli to shorten it up. She is so fun and adorable, I can't get enough of her. I've wanted my own lab forever! I envy all the people out on the road running with a big dog and I'm just solo. Not for long! I always wish for a big dog when Jake's in Alaska. I won't dread the loneliness so much now. She's really become part of the family.
She was welcome right away. Jake built her this dog house. It's like a dog mansion. She'll grow it to it. We've only had her three weeks and she's almost grown out of her collar!



Right away she loved the snow! She digs her nose in it and belly slides down the snow hills! It's the funniest thing to watch. I caught it on camera. Nelli and Jake in our back yard.

We decided to have our own little winter Olympic event... ICE FISHING. Nelli thought the fish was pretty entertaining. She watched it there on the ice to make sure it didn't get out of line. She is such a good dog. She stays right on our heels where-ever we take her.




Nelli was the best choice for a puppy and we've been planning for her for about 2 years. Jake has an old lab named Polly that lives at his parents'. When she had her last litter of puppies 2 years ago we wanted one so much, but we didn't want to keep it in our apartment. We gave a little black male to my parents' so we could have one of the puppies from him one day. Well the puppies arrived Christmas Eve and we had our hearts set on a little black female from that litter of 12!!! So the best part about Nelli is that she is Polly's grand puppy! Polly is an amazing hunter. Jake loves her so much, so hopefully Nelli will be just like her.

12 comments:

Dani Em said...

Ah I am SOOO jealous! You have a house AND a puppy...you are livin the dream. haha I MISS you!!!

Sandra said...

How exciting!!! She is such a cute puppy!!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Labs are the best dogs. Nelli sure is a cutie!

marci said...

she's darling.

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

I love that she slides down the hill that is too cute! The dog house is awesome too! You need to come for a visit again!

momofbeegees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
momofbeegees said...

Oh Tay...you guys are parents! How exciting! Your little Nellie is adorable!

Josh and Ashlee said...

Hi Tayli this is KayBree, I love your puppy. It was sliding down the hill in the video. I want to come to your house sometime when it's ok. I love the name Nelli, my uncles dog is named nelli. Can I come hug your dog. I miss you and love you. Love KayBree

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Can we come play with your puppy? Avery loves them. Maybe we could switch kids for a day... just kidding :)

Unknown said...

Sweet puppy b I go to ask so Jake did you get the the Benelli shot gun too?? If not you got an awesome new puppy. It is good to see your doing so well.

Jaylynn said...

How cute! You guys always seem to be doing something fun and adventurous! Makes me miss the snow!

Michelle said...

Guess who else loves Nelli? My kids do. The other day Tanner said he wanted to go play outside. I asked him what he was going to do, he said, "I'll ride my bike and probably go to Nelli's house."