Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 09

We've been up to a lot of things lately. December is a busy month for most, and for Jake and I, we can agree that the holidays are nice, but it's great to have our lives back.
We have adjusted to all the cold and snow up here on the mountain. Living on the bench brings more snow than usual. But that hasn't slowed Jake down.
 
Jake and I made these little baby doll cradles for twin girls in our old ward for Christmas.
We went to an Ugly Sweater Party at the Pratts' and Jake found this at the D.I. to wear. Silly boy.
We had an adventure when we found that we had a bad laundry fixture that had been leaking for a month or more. The sheet rock and insulation had to be replaced. No cost to us but quite the hassle.
Jake, Tiffany, Jaren, Mindy, Jentry, Myrik and I all had a blast one weekend at Myrik's cabin in Bear Lake. We went sledding at the sink holes for the afternoon.
 
And finally we DID have a merry Christmas this year. We spent the holiday in Highland at the Nelson's. We had so much fun with his family. When we got home Jake had this last surprise gift on display in the living room for me. I dropped all our stuff and started crying. I saw this exact picture this summer and fell in love. I'd never seen a picture quite like it anywhere. It's the Manti temple, significant because we were married and sealed there. I looked for it or something similar ever since then but failed to find one as beautiful. Jake told me it was too expensive that day but apparently he has a soft spot for me cause he bought it the next day and has been hiding it all this time! It is more sephia colored and has a beautiful antique look to it. The frame is also gorgeous with some scuffs and knots in it to match the rest of our home. I know I say this every post but.... ISN'T HE WONDERFUL!!!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Baby girls for old ward? Are you speaking of another ward than Greenfield? I can't think of anyone having twins. I love those portraits of temples. They are so pretty. Sorry to hear about your laundry leak. Ahhh the joys of home ownership eh? Looks like you had a great Christmas and are enjoying the snow :) We miss you guys!

me and him said...

yep, you sure are one lucky girl. but jake's pretty lucky too! so glad you guys had a good christmas and are enjoying the snow!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

Those craddles are darling! That is awesome about your Manti Temple picture. Jake told me that it was a surprise for after Christmas when you got home. I have asked him every day since then if it is hung on the wall yet. LOL! I do hope you get feeling better soon.

momofbeegees said...

I LOVE the temple picture. BEAUTIFUL!!! I know I keep saying this...but I can't wait to see your home!! Please tell me that Jake won the award for the ugliest sweater...he looks so happy in that picture!! Miss you guys!

Raelynn said...

you both are LUCKY to have each other!! i love your HOUSE pictures! BEAUTIFUL home! and i'm glad that you guys had a great CHRISTmas.. and we are too glad that it's over..