Monday, December 7, 2009

Our New Home

We're in... we finally have our new home, it's official! Jake and I just LOVE our new home. It's hard to believe we have our own house. We talk about how blessed we are to have everything we do every day! We're very fortunate to have such nice things so early in our life. I can't wait to fill it up with crazy little ones. Jake jumped right into a full time job so we can pay for this baby every month. I appreciate him and all his hard work so much! The very end of the building process was a nightmare. The appraisal and the loan closing part! Watch out... it's a stressful beast. But once it was over we got to relax and appreciate all we worked for. We moved October 29.
 
Jake and I finished the tile and added this cool design in the entry. It was Jake's creative idea to put some of the wood around the tile! It looks awesome.

Jake and a few helpful hands layed the wood floor in the kitchen one night (simpers and Jimmy) I love LOVE our wood floor. It's called hand scraped walnut.

Jake's great friend Tyrell came one day to do all our carpet. He and Jake did all the carpet in half a day. We appreciated his help soooo much!




 
 

 
 
Jake designed and installed all our closets. They are very organized and efficient with our space.



After we settled in Jake had a lot of hunting to catch up on. He went pheasant hunting almost every day. We kept Jake's dog Polly with us for about two weeks so he could get the most out of the season. He bragged about that dog every second. She is such a great hunter!

Jake had a bunch of his friends come up that helped us with the house. They had a pheasant hunting extravaganza. They had a blast! See all the birds they got.






Jake and I cut down a tree the other night out to cub river. We wanted a big one and we got one! The night before Thanksgiving I had to work. But when I came home from the hospital I had a wonderful suprise! Jake put up Christmas lights!! I was so suprised. He did such a great job and made me very happy. I have the most wonderful husband.

15 comments:

Tina said...

Hooray!! The house looks nice, and I bet its nice to be done and moved in. Congrats!
Our hole is being dug today! Its nice to finally be getting started, but I have to say that I am a bit jealous that you are done and moved in. :)

Just in time for Christmas too!

Sandra said...

Yaaaaaa. It looks great. How nice that he put up lights to surprise you. I must say I'm jealous of the hot tub ha ha.

Dani Em said...

It's gorgeous Tay! I want to come see it and say hi so bad!! and...maybe a little Hay haha LOVE you!!

EmJay said...

Your house is beautiful. Great job, Jake!

Ellen Oates said...

I love it! Congrats on it being done. I still want to come out and see it. I guess that means a house warming party!

momofbeegees said...

Tay...your house is soooooo CUTE!!!!! I can't wait to see it! I love your cabinet and colors! I had no idea that Jake was such a "handy man!"

Jill said...

Taylee! I love the house. You guys did a great job! One of these days I need to see it in person!

Royal Princess Academy said...

Tayli your house looks fabulous! I am excited for you guys! How fun to be in a new house just in time for the holidays! I LOVE your tree i want to see it decorated!

Josh and Ashlee said...

Come back... WE MISS YOU! Or let us move into your basement that works too! Seriously though, we miss you guys like CRAZY... :(

The Jones' said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

Rebecca said...

congrats on your new lovely home! its beautiful! WHat a nice feeling to have doing it your self! Merry Christmas

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Tayli your house looks so good. I love it. Does Jake want to build us one? :)

Jill said...

whoops, I just realized I spelled your name wrong! That's how my niece spells hers. :)

Rochelle said...

Gorgeous house. You have one talented hubby!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

It was so nice to meet you today Tayli! Very cute blog! Your husband is awesome to work with! I hope you and Jake have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!