Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our 1st Anniversary

June Ninth was our anniversary. I can't believe we've already been married a year! Our wedding day was so fun, so we decided to head back down to Manti. We went through a session Saturday and watched the "Mormon Miracle Pageant" on the hill. It was so beautiful! I love that temple. We set up our little tent and camped over that night. Conveniently we were able to stop in Highland on the way home Sunday and see Jake's dad for Father's Day. Earlier in the week we exchanged a few gifts. Jake got me the cutest pedal bike. We bought him one just recently so we've loved being able to go on bike rides together. I got him some new shorts for Summer and a shirt he'd wanted in Old Navy. I made some Apple Pie and we went out to dinner. This past year has been so great. We're really looking forward to finishing school so we can start our family!
The very end of the show where all the angles appear and sing.

Check out the sheep. We saw a cowboy herding them across the Highway.

My new bike! Thanks hun!

14 comments:

me and him said...

Happy Aniversary! so....when i heard that you wanted to stay in the fairview cabin, i wanted to call you so badly and give you some kind of warning, but james wouldn't let me! i'm glad you guys had a tent handy. we are SO glad you two got married!!!! i can't believe it was a WHOLE YEAR AGO! that was such a beautiful day. glad you got to celebrate!

Laura said...

congrats! wow that went by so fast! looks like you got spoiled! The Manti pageant is so neat & the pictures of the temple are great. Hope all is well!!

Raelynn said...

Congrats on the ONE YEAR!! That's great!! CUTE bike! You should come over and tell us all about it! I'm glad you guys had a great time!
2 weeks is better than 1 month!! But it's still a LONG time away from your loved one!

Royal Princess Academy said...

CONGRATS! Wow I can't believe that was a year ago- Time flies anymore! Looks like you had a great time and the pictures of the temple are gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary. We went back to the same place our first year too. I haven't seen the Manti pageant in years, looks like you had a good one, congrats.

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Happy Aniversary. Tayli I am so happy for you. You two look so happy. Cool bike, Brett and I just bought bikes last week. It's fun to have them.

Rochelle said...

Happy 1 year! What a fun anniversary you had!

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary!!
What a fun trip. I really like the Manti pageant, but I haven't been in years.
We've gone and done sealings on our anniversaries... but we were married here in Logan, so the trek isn't so long, lol. Its still a fun thing to do/a fun way to celebrate

Colt and Morgan said...

You got the comment!! YA!! haha. Ya, our little one was born on St. Patty's Day. He's alot of fun, he's growing SO fast!! I can't believe it!If you think it's great being married, wait till you are a mom!! oh man, it's the best!! We DEFINATELY need to get together when you two are here!! I think that Colt and Jake would get along great! Colt LOVES to hunt! They ranch cows, so they have ALOT of land up near City of Rocks that he hunts on. And he would be WAY jealous that Jake gets to go to Alaska and be a big game guide. That's Colt's DREAM job. haha. And you look great as well!! I'm happy for you two!! You look like you two have alot of fun together!! Well get back to me when you can!! You can also email me if you want it's missmo2005@hotmail.com. Take Care!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Congrats you two! You're seriously the cutest couple EVER. :)

Cordie said...

Thanks for taking Ian on a motorcycle ride on your anniversary! Congrats to you two!

Josh and Ashlee said...

Happy Anniversary! Thats so awesome! You guys are the best neighbors!

Russ-Whit-Link said...

You are so cute! Happy Anniversary! We're getting married August fifth! So it's coming up slowly but surely! I hope your summer is going GREAT!

Amanda said...

Happy late anniversary Jake and Tayli! Congrats on such an awesome milestone! Looks like you had a great time! How long does the Manti Pageant run, we'd like to go see it this summer too-we're hoping it's not too late. And they just let you camp out? That's so much fun!