Jake and I had a memorable first Christmas as a married couple. We loaded our gifts into the car the weekend before Christmas and headed to the Durfee's (Tayli's family). Jake went duck hunting, of course, with Tayli's dad the next morning. They were successful. We had a party Sunday night with Tayli's siblings. There were so many little faces. No pressure on us. :) On Christmas Eve we braved the blizzard to Jake's parents' in Highland. It seemed like forever before we arrived. Stopping to deliver gifts, snag Grandma Rowe and even fix a flat tire. Jake was a hero to the woman and 3 small children traveling on Christmas Eve. Stories and games around the Christmas tree at the Nelson home was so much fun. Jake's dad read us the nativity story while adorable little Kenedy helped act it out. The next morning we found Santa's gifts displayed around the fire place. After one of Jake's mom's famous cinnamon rolls we exchanged gifts. We were so spoiled but were most appreciative to have each other and our wonderful family and friends. Our holiday season rounded up on New Years Day at Beaver Mountain. Now we're back to work with achy muscles, but we look forward to what the coming year has in store!
Jake suprised me with another hand made gift.
A beautiful shelf for our bathroom! He's so talented.
Even the bow was amazing.
6 comments:
Cute pics Tayli! Looks like you guys had a good time. I got a Chi too...aren't they great?! You guys need to come over and play games soon! Love ya ~ Heather
p.s. I love the bathroom shelf too! Way to go Jake!
Love the newest addition of home made furniture. Way to stay in the word and what Christ-mas is all about. And better yet, the Faith put into action helping the lady with the flat tire. Jake, I'm so proud to have you as a son-in-law. Thanks for loving and caring for Tayli. Love XO DAD
oh...it looks like so much fun! i love the picture of you two in the snow it's dang cute! and way to go jake with the shelf-it turned out great. (you picked a good one tay!) merry christmas!
Oh, you two! You are just so great. I'm glad I got to spend Christmas with you guys. Thanks for sending me updates on your blog, it makes me feel like I'm not so far away. ha ha. Jake the shelf turned out great. good job brother. I love you guys. Tiff
You 2 are so darn cute together & congrats on having such a memorable first Christmas together as a married couple! May you have the best 2008!!!!!
Thanks for the comment on our blog! Yes, I remember who you are! You blog and pictures are cute as well! Love the picture with the white cowboy hat, how classy!
Post a Comment