Charli cut open her finger while playing on the driveway. I didn't see what happened. Jayli said she was helping her on the scooter and Charli tipped over and fell and "dragged her finger on the ground" J came running to get me and said "Charli's bleeding a lot!" So I ran into the garage and she was crying walking up the driveway with a trail of blood. I grabbed some paper towel and put pressure on her finger but still couldn't see the laceration. She was screaming and trying to pull her hand away. I turned on Moana to try to calm her down. Finally the bleeding slowed down so I put her in the bath so I could see it better. Plus she had blood all over the place. I got these top pictures and decided to take her in for sutures. The Dr numbed it with lidocane and that's why it look so fat by her knuckle. They waited about 20 minutes before they started sutures. He put the hook right into her finger nail and up through the other side of the laceration. She was screaming! Me and another person tried to hold her still so the Dr could put in 2 stitches. I was so worried she could feel the pain. He said he couldn't put in anymore lidocane. We've tried to keep it clean and dry for a week as instructed. Every time we change her bandage she cries. Breaks my heart she had this painful experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment