We had a little more fun with Valentines this year. Jayli and I made cards for Jake. We made 3 dozen heart-shaped cookies. And Jake bought me a blender for my bosch that I got to use early. Jake got to take time out from work to take his girls to a valentine lunch. He took us to the Coopermill. I brought little gifts for Jake and Jayli to open. Jayli got a couple spring dresses and a book. Jake got a weekend itinerary in a leather bound folio. I stuffed it with gift cards to his favorite stores in Salt Lake, our temple recommends and reservations to stay at the Seasons for two nights.
We enjoyed the rest of Jake's lunch break and we got to have more fun when he got home. I made homemade mac n cheese and jello heart-shaped jigglers. Best part of the day was seeing both of my Valentines in the middle of the day. Jayli just adores Jake and he is completely in love with her. I love them both so much and it's nice to see how they both show their love so differently for me. Jayli wants to be close to me at all times. She hugs and kisses my leg. She will climb all over me if I'm sitting and she often tips her head to one side and says "MOM!" Jake loves my attention as well. He's pretty good about understanding Jayli needs my help constantly but he is such a wonderful dad and I love watching them both light up when he gets home from work. She laughs so hard when he plays with her. I LOVE MY FAMILY!
No comments:
Post a Comment