Thursday, November 15, 2012

Costa Rica

 
 
Jake and I had an amazing time in Costa Rica! I still can't believe that we got to take this incredible trip for free! Shelf Reliance paid our way because I won a contest this Summer. I tried my hardest and it paid off BIG TIME! The resort was so extravagant! Tropical rain forest, luxury rooms and everything was completely all inclusive! We spent a total of $76 on souvenirs, that's it. Best of all we got to take time just the two of us. We missed Jayli so much, but this was a much needed break to just be together. I love Jake so much and I'm so thankful for every minute with him.
 
Day 1
 
Arrived at the resort, ate enough lunch for three people, relaxed pool side, explored the beach, swam more, slushies, fancy dinner @ Eldorado's, danced the night away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
View from our balcony in our bungalow
 

 
 

Day 2
The next morning we woke up to a down pour, the most amazing tropical rain! Breakfast with friends, toured around the resort, sipped coconut milk, ate a lot of food, kayaked, played in the ocean, swam, more food and slushies, dinner, laughing all night with Hardys and Pratts in beach side hub.
 
 

 

Julio climbed the coconut tree and cut us open a few coconuts with his machete


 




Slushies at the swim up bar with our crew: Hardys, Pratts, Us
   Day 3
 
Got up early for our all day excursion. Horse drawn rides, mud baths, hot pools, 400 water slide through the jungle, lunch, zip lines, back to resort, dinner, dancing like maniacs with the Pratts Gangnam style! We got a few looks. One lady was asking if it was spring break. I think everyone thought we had a few UN-virgin drinks. But in our defense no one new what gangnam style was. We were 10 years younger than everyone else there. We laughed about it for the rest of the trip.
 
 

Mud baths
 


 


 

 


 
Day 4
 
Breakfast, taxi to beach, rented boards and surfed. It really wasn't that difficult. All four of us got up and had a blast. Shopping around the little town, lunch, back to resort, swimming, dinner, slushies with friends, CRASH!
 

 

 

 
Our last day there the Sun really shined! We had a easy trip home the next morning and got to see our little Jayli before bedtime. Tiff and Jaren even brought her to the airport to see us! She was so excited. Gave us lots of kisses.

Maracas
.
Jayli loved her little dress and maracas! We're so grateful for my mom and the Simpers to care for our sweetheart so we could play. Next adventure...March 2013 Akumal. Jayli is already getting packed :)

3 comments:

me and him said...

Tay, I LOVE this!! You documented it so perfect. we really had the time of our lives didn't we? I am SO glad that we are doing this business together :) now, james and i need to figure out how to sneak onto the trip to Mexico with you! You guys will have a blast! I can't wait to hear all about that one too.

Mindy said...

Looks amazing! Glad you had so much fun.

Chris and Karen Kinsel said...

OmGoodness. So glad you had a wonderful time. Love the pics and all the details. You're a great blogger!