I get 2 Valentines this year!
I got the best surprise at work today. I was waiting for my next patient when in comes the sweetest little pink baby and my Jake. Jayli was holding this rose and Jake had a pink cupcake box for me. It was so fun to show her off at work.
When I got home from work I had more surprises. Jake and Jayli made a treasure hunt for me. I got all these cute little pink notes with clues on them. I found a surprise at each destination. Like the cupboard above the fridge, the freezer, my nightstand, the microwave... :)
We all got a little v-day gift.. or two. Jake got a new dutch oven and accessories. Jayli got baby Einstein videos and vinyl for her room.
When I set up my Valentine Decorations this year I didn't know what to do with this heart shaped wall pocket because I didn't have any flowers to put in it. So I decided to fill it with love notes! I made this little sign and hung it on the wall in the front room.
Each day Jake and Jayli got to pick out a love note from me. I decided to record this here so I wouldn't forget.
.
Day 1
Jake: I LOVE your charity. You give so much and so often. You can always find a recipient. You bless our family to no end with all your service. I strive to be more like you!
Jayli: I LOVE the way you hold my face with your tiny little hands. You coo and smile like you're telling me something special. You always look deep into my eyes. Your fingers feel the texture of my skin. I try to understand. I'm sure you have so much to say.
Day 2
Jake: I LOVE your clever personality. Your silly little jokes, your "smrt" comebacks, and your witty incites to everyday events. You are most always optimistic when I'm not.
Jayli: I LOVE when you sleep. You like to nap on your tummy. You continue to move you lips like you're sucking on your passy, even though you've already spit it out. Sometimes you talk in your sleep. But you've always ended up in some adorable position. I take lots of sleeping pictures.
Day 3
Jake: I LOVE your O.C.D. It's great to not have to pick up after you. Or refold your laundry. Or tell you to put things away. Thanks for being to tidy and helping me keep a clean home.
Jayli: I LOVE when you laugh. It's the funniest sound I have ever heard. Your laugh is usually so spontaneous. The strangest things are funny. You giggle so hard and so loud, we all have a tummy ache. It's so wonderful!
Day 4
Jake: I LOVE all of your features that are so unique to you. Icy blue eyes that catch my gaze, bright big smile to turn my frown, and stunning red hair that sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.
Jayli: I LOVE when you wake up. Dad and I rush in to see you because you are so happy. You smile and smile. Your grin is so big, your eyes squint shut. You crinkle your little nose and talk to us on and on. It's so wonderful to share.
Day 5
Jake: I LOVE how sincerely aware you are. Acts of kindness usually fly over my head. But you're there to point me in the right direction. "We should make cookies" I hope I will learn to become as observant as you.
Jayli: I LOVE your tiny feet. From day one, I have just adored your little piggies. They are small and chubby. I love to paint them pink. I could play with them and kiss them over and over. You can already stand and jump. I hate to cover them with shoes.
Day 6
Jake: I LOVE your stunning honesty. I can truly say that there has never once been a time I questioned your honesty. I don't think I can say that about anyone else I've ever known! You can tell me the truth even when it's hard. When you know it will hurt. But I couldn't love you without it. I always trust you and that is a huge part of our marriage.
Jayli: I LOVE your chubby little cheeks. You most definitely go them from me. They droop when you're upright. They giggle with I pat your back. But they are so incredibly soft. Everyone you meet tries to kiss them. So we wash and lotion them often.
Day 7
Jake: I LOVE your incredible strength. You could surprise anyone with how much you can lift. Your super muscles are a secret I love to share. But even more is your amazing strength to be happy and help others everyday.
Jayli: I LOVE when you play in your jumper. You're still so tiny, but somehow have figured out how to jump. I think it would take some complicated coordination to learn how to bend and straighten your legs at just the right time. But you have it mastered. You get so excited to see us walk by and you squeal and jump like crazy. Sometimes you loose control and bump into the door jam. You can turn yourself around when you want. And you can play so content for a long time.
Day 8
Jake: I LOVE when you cook. Most women aren't so lucky to have a domestic man. You always surprise me with your delicious meals and new ideas. I love all the fancy seasoning and presentations.
Jayli: I LOVE how you look cute in anything we put on you. It doesn't matter what color, or if you have a bow. All you do is smile and that's the only accessory you need. Dressing you is so fun. Shopping is so easy. But you hate when I put your arms in the sleeves. :)
Day 9
Jake: I LOVE how you're always striving to improve. "We need more savings, we should fix that." You seem to always bring us better things without spending a lot.
Jayli: I LOVE holding you while you sleep. Sometimes you smile or cry or laugh. You look so peaceful wrapped in my arms. I love when you pur or wiggle your toes. We usually sweat from all the blankets we have on.
Day 10
Jake: I love how great you are with numbers. Financing our home, measuring lumber, drawing plans, calculating our income. Taxes, interest, and gross. Thank you for learning it because I cannot grasp such a difficult concept.
Jayli: I LOVE your big, blue eyes. I'm not sure yet if you got them from me or your daddy, but they sure look good on you. They really stand out against your light, soft skin. You see so much I wish I could see everything through your eyes.
Day 11
Jake: I LOVE how you just know everything. How to fix a dryer and a sink. How wires work and trucks are made. You can take a seemingly difficult task and simplify it to and easy chore. You always have an answer that most don't.
Jayli: I LOVE when you grab you little feet. You crunch you stomach and bring up your knees. Sometimes you put them in your mouth. They are such a fun toy. Your little body usually rolls to the side because you won't let go.
Day 12
Jake: I LOVE when you bring your day to a halt to express how much you love me! I am the only person on the earth to you in that moment. You express it to deeply and so often.
Jayli: I LOVE the noises you make when you eat. It sounds like a grunt/sigh. Every time you swallow you make this little noise. Like you're so satisfied to be eating. And I love to feed you. You play with your hair and try to hold the bottle.
Day 13
Jake: I LOVE how you argue with me until I understand. I think I know, but at the same time know that you're gonna be right. You are great to explain again and again until I understand.
Jayli: I LOVE your sweet little smile. You show it often. You squint your eyes so tight and grin so big. I love how your little tongue sticks out between your gums. Thank you for showing me that you're happy.
Day 14
Jake: I LOVE your desire to work. You don't stop until it's done. You can whip out a project in no time. Most everything you take on ends up being for me. I love my table, my shelf, my bed, my nightstands, shed, entertainment center, desk, fireplace, garden, house, baby! Thank you for learning the important ethic of hard work. We would have so much less without it. All the late night side jobs and extra hours sets you apart from the rest of the lazy world. I appreciate you to no end. Thank you for all the long, hard days!
Jayli: I LOVE when you talk to us. You make lots of noises. You love to "coo." You coo when you're very happy, when it's time to sleep, but your want to visit instead. When we talk to you. Your mouth takes the cutest shape. And usually it's accompanied by lots of drool.
So the rose Jayli brought me at work turned out to be a pretty fun toy!
So the rose Jayli brought me at work turned out to be a pretty fun toy!

1 comment:
Jayli is so stinkin cute! Little girls make life so fun!
Post a Comment