Saturday, September 10, 2011

Introducing...

Jayli Ann Nelson

Born 11:16 pm September 6th, 2011

8 pounds 15 ounces, 20 Inches long
Here's our story:
At 2:30 I came to the hospital for my 40 week appointment. A day shy of my due date. Doctor McCulloch said that I was only 3 1/2 cm dilated so that we would schedule an induction for 41 weeks. I was super bummed. She stripped my membranes again and sent me in for a non-stress test to check the baby's heart beat. The machine also monitors my contractions. At first they just felt like before. Tight but not painful. Then after 10 minutes or so they started coming faster. And then they started to hurt. Dr. McCulloch came in about half hour later and was surprised to see the grimace on my face. She says, "Tayli, I think I put you into labor!" She checked me again and I was 4 cm! She smiles and says, "It's baby day!" I was so shocked. I didn't have my go bag with me or anything else I needed.

At 4:00 Jake and I walked upstairs to check in. They got me into my room and I had Jake go home and get our stuff. When he came back, the anesthesiologist gave me an epidural and Dr. McCulloch came in a broke my water.

We watched the clock till nine, just hanging out in the delivery room. Calling our families and anticipating the delivery. I was dilated to a 6 for about 2 hours. But then within the next half hour I was a 10. The nurse called the Dr and told her to come in. As we were getting ready for the delivery the nurse and Jake noticed the baby might come a little quicker than we thought. They could see the top of her head with plenty of hair! We did a practice push and the nurse told me to just relax until the Dr got there. They called Dr. Mcculloch and told her to hurry, the baby was going to be a half hour or less! Once the dr arrived we pushed through two contractions and Jayli was here! The time was 11:16 pm on September 6th. We like to say she was 45 minutes early.

She cried and took a big breath. They set our chubby little sweetheart right on my belly. I couldn't believe how big she was! The nurses cleaned her off and let Jake cut the cord. We were all wide-eyed and excited to see our little girl! Jayli hadn't taken another breath yet so we started to get a little worried. The nurses were sucking junk out of her throat and lungs and rubbing her back. After what seemed like forever (prob two minutes) she started coughing and crying. I've never seen Jake so scared. He turned white and I thought he was gonna tip over. Thankfully she is just fine.

I got to nurse her shortly after. The nurses warned me that it might be difficult be not to get discouraged, it just takes time for the baby to learn how to nurse. Not little J. She latched right on no problem. She nursed for 45 minutes wide awake. Obviously her weight and her nursing skills proved she had already mastered how to eat before she was born! :)


Here's my last prego picture. Waiting for Jayli.
Here she is about 3 minutes old!



Heavy weight, 8 lb 15 ounces. New daddy! Jake wouldn't leave her side.



First bath in our room. I love this picture. She loves getting he hair washed still! So calm and happy.


Foot prints




Here we are in our first picture all together the next morning.



Jake loves napping with her. He was jealous and wanted to try "skin to skin" too. She loved it of course. When she woke up, she left a perfect imprint of her leg and foot on Jake's belly!




Our families came to see her! Grandma and Grandpa Durfee.


Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and Jentry


In her car seat ready to go home! Her socks are on her hands because she scratched her face.
So that's our fun little story. We waited for her for so long and she still ended up surprising us with a quick arrival. I can't believe how much I love this little girl! I feel in no way worthy to be her mother. She is so sweet and perfect. I love looking into her big blue eyes and touching her soft chubby cheeks. She melts my heart when she wraps her little hand around my finger. Jake is an amazing father. He does such a great job with her. He always volunteers to change her diaper and hold her. I love seeing them together! The whole process is such a miracle. I'm so grateful to know we're sealed together and that we're a family now.

11 comments:

Bwhntr said...

She is perfect! Congratulations guys so amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jaylynn said...

Congrats Tay! She is so beautiful! Love her dark hair! Glad it went so smoothly. Daddy's are so cute with their little girls! Love it

The Crookstons said...

She is beautiful, congrats!!!

Lana Boehler said...

Oh Tay! She is so Beautiful. Love Love Love all her hair. Little girls are the BEST. So happy for you guys. Love ya.

jessica + clay said...

So happy for you! That's so great that she latched on right away :) Lucky for you! ha ha She is so adorable! Congrats!

Tanner and Lindsay said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your cute story! I love that she came so quickly!

Dani Em said...

DARLING!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!!

Jennie said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations you two!

Alexa and Zach said...

Aw she is so stinkin' cute!! I am so happy for you! Post more pics!
Miss you!

Chris and Karen Kinsel said...

Awww Thanks for sharing Tayli. Glad that everything went smooth. You're going to be great parents. btw, she is absolutely gorgeous. Love the pics with You, Jake & J the morning after. You both look so happy and we're so happy for you guys! Can't wait to hold her. Cya after Christmas.

Dana said...

Congrats you two! So very happy she is here and healthy! Can't wait to see her after Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys either.
She is beautiful just like her mother. HUGS