Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 4th and Baby

I love July. It's hot yes, but it's the best part of the summer. BBQs, long sunny days, fireworks all through the month, grass, lots of visiting with friends and neighbors, and I love that it stays light till 9. We had a great holiday weekend. And the best part was no work for 4 whole days! We really enjoyed the time together.
Friday night we had a BBQ with a bunch of friends across from the stadium and watched the Logan fireworks that night. Quite a fabulous night and we don't have to spend a dime. We went to the cruise in on Saturday with Tiff, Jaren and the Karens. Then got some ice cream with shaved ice after. We had a family lunch and the Toolsons on the 4th. Later Jake enjoyed some slip and slide at the Karens. Then we had a big neighborhood firework party that night.








 

 


Over the weekend Jake also found a little time to whip this together. I love him! Here's and old dresser he used growing up. Too tall to use as a changing table in the nursery. But with a little work...






And here are some belly shots. This was the night we painted the nursery.

27 Weeks


28 Weeks


30 Weeks

It sure feels like I'm running out of room in there. My doctor said she's measuring a week early. So maybe we'll see her in August! That's next month! I'm starting to panic lately. The reality of it is that she's coming.. soon and we're gonna be parents. I love laying in bed at night laughing with Jake cause she's moving around so much. I love that he can feel her too. She sure puts on a show for him. His face is so funny. He swears he can tell when it's her foot or her bum. We already get to experience the "joy in our posterity." :) He's gonna be such a wonderful father. I'm such a lucky girl.

2 comments:

me and him said...

dang, that looks like a sweet slip n slide! :)


(and your belly is cute!)

Jaylynn said...

Wow I love the changing table. So cute! You look great still!