Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And that's what it's all ABOUT

I've taken a liking to this pheasant hunting deal. It would seem boring and a waste of time to most, but I've come to realize it's not about the hunt, the shot, or the size of the game. It's all about the finished product... the PICTURES! The story behind the picture can only be entertaining with proof. Who would any hunter be without the awesome pictures to back them up? Well my camera has been my best tool on our little excursions this season. (ha not my gun) So again I've got to share pictures from our most recent adventure, and one funny little story. :)

aahhh Wellsville mountains








The story:
Our hunting was done for the day. We were driving home. I had been unsuccessful. Suddenly the truck skids to a stop. Before I can even look up, Jake had put a shell in my gun and cocked it. I look up in fear as he reaches across my lap and pushes my door open. "Straight ahead, you see him?!" he coaches. "I don't even have shoes on." I tried to tell him. He is completely unaware of my minor concern for protective footwear. So I'm searching, squinting, trying my best to see the rooster in the tall grass. I can't find him. I'm walking through heavy mud and weeds in my bare feet waiting for my moment of glory. Suddenly he flys up just a few yards in front of me. I pull up my gun, wait for him to fly a little further so I don't obliterate him and BANG! Only one shell, I didn't even have a back up in the chamber. Feathers fall and he goes down. Phew! Nelli does her part... then the camera does the rest. :)







So I hope from this post you have taken a new perspective on this beloved sport. Hunting isn't just ugly clothes and dead animals. It's the pictures that make you smile.

2 comments:

Lana Boehler said...

Oh my heck, that is so funny. Way to go Tayli. You got it bare foot and all. :) That's awesome.

Chris and Karen Kinsel said...

Woo Hoo; great job! You're such the "great white WOMAN hunter" Your sooo brave!