The night before school started we took the girls to Texas Roadhouse for our back to school dinner. We ordered stakes and appetizers and soda. They were on cloud 9. I'm having a very emotional time thinking about them being in school all day. I'm bitter than a complete stranger gets to have them for 6 hours every day! I miss them and want to be with them and see what they're learning and doing and if kids are being kind. Kynli especially is the one I worry about. She's so tender and I worry she will forget what she's supposed to be doing. She hasn't been at school all day before. I know I'm a helicopter mom but I just want to know every influence in their life, not someone else. I feel like I'm sharing custody of my children. I hurts my heart so much. But I know it's good for them to be on their own and struggle and have to do hard things without me. I pray they will always have good friends and positive influences. Jayli has Mrs. Hintze and Kynli has Mrs. Francis. I plan to volunteer as much as possible. I still have Charli at home with me all the time except when she goes to Owl Tree Tues/Thurs for 2 hours. I'm startled by this time in my life when my children aren't under my wing 24/7. Having them to myself for over a year made it harder to let them go. I know they need to fly. We can do this.
Thursday, September 2, 2021
Back to school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment