Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Fire!

 Should have called the fire department tonight. Had no idea how hard it would be to put out a fire without a fire extinguisher, which is still at the other house. Earlier that day when I let Nelli out, I noticed the heat lamp had fallen down inside her dog house and it was smoking. I picked it up to remove the problem and as soon as a drop of rain hit it, it shattered! I had just turned my head away and had Jake's large coat and hood on. The glass sprayed the side of the hood and didn't hit my face. I thought I had stopped a fire. Apparently it had been smoldering there. A couple hours later, a neighbor (Ken Fricke) noticed the flames in our backyard and came running to let me know. I answered the door and he was out of breath and said "Did you know you have a fire in your back yard?!" My heart sank and I ran to look out the window. We could see the smoke billowing when we looked out my bedroom window. The girls were screaming and scared. I hurried outside and hooked up a hose. Jayli called Jake and he rushed home. Ken and I took turns holding our breath to get in close enough with the hose to try and put it out. After about 15 minutes we got it out. Thankfully the wind was blowing away from our new home and thankfully I had let Nelli out earlier. Later that night, Jake broke it all to pieces and soaked each piece t make sure it couldn't start up again. So scary but glad everything turned out alright.



No comments: