Sunday, August 26, 2018

Kynli's reaction

Kynli had a virus and that brought on the fever. She had a fever for several days and the fever finally broke. We were in Burley and my mom watch the girls while I helped Kam at her crepe trailer on the 15th no fever. The next day she was fevering again. I took her to a pediatrician there. He again agreed it was viral but prescribed amox and a steroid (prenisolone) in case it got worse. I didn't fill either. We came home and continued to treat her fever and give the prescribed meds. On the 19th she woke up with a swollen eye. It was Sunday so I took her to the Instacare in Hyde Park. The dr there tested her for strep and it was positive. She prescribed amox and we filled it then. On the 20th, the next day, we saw Dr. Rogers because her eye was getting worse. He talked to me about the possibility of a heart disease called Kawaskai's Disease. We scheduled an Echochardiogram to rule that out.  Then followed up with him the very next day to check on her. He prescribed Septra and we filled the generic sulfamethoxazole-tritheomprim. On the 23rd we did the echo and he heart results came back normal. So that was a huge relief. But finally on the 26th she woke up with a rash over her entire body. Hives. I called Dr. Rogers and he said I could stop all antibiotics since she has recovered and the hives should resolve over a day or so. I gave her Claritin because I didn't have Benadryl. 




 






No comments: