Saturday, June 9, 2018

Sky Diving

To celebrate the "jump" into our second decade of marriage, we went SKYDIVING! I told him I had a super fun day planned and didn't tell him what we were doing. We worked on the house together in the morning like normal and I played it off like it was no big deal. Finally when we left I told him we were going to race go carts in Ogden. So he drove to Ogden, got off the same exit but when he was supposed to turn I had him go the other way toward Ogden Hinckley Airport. So to make sure he didn't guess what we were doing, I told him we were taking a romantic helicopter ride. He bought it every time. Finally when we arrived I told him to turn into the lot that said Skydive Ogden. He about exploded! His face said happy, surprised, excited, but he was so nervous! He didn't have very much time digest what was going to happen. We signed a few papers, paid and they were immediately strapping us into harnesses. Two large men came up to Jake and I and started giving us quick, loud instructions and then out to the plane. We had perma-grin the whole time.The higher we got the more my tandem guy was cinching us tighter. I couldn't stop laughing. Jake was laughing but slightly panicking and I was actually not afraid at all. I felt like I was jumping but the guy on my back was doing all the work. I jumped first. Toes over the edge of the plane and we fell face first into the sky. I wasn't scared because the ground was so far away. It kinda just felt like I was hanging from something but really windy! After about 1 minute he pulled the parachute and it felt like we were sucked back up 1000 feet. The parachute was the fun part. Somehow we made it back to the same spot we started. He told me to lift my legs as high as I could when we landed and skidded in on our butts. It was crazy. After a bunch of pictures and reviewing the experience we headed up to Huntsville and had dinner at this cute little BBQ place. Then we drove back to cache valley up and over through paradise. We stopped on top and had brownies we bought at a grocery store. It was the most beautiful spot. I can't believe we've been married 11 years. I such a blast with this amazing man of mine! Still "falling" more in love with him.




No comments: