Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Disney Land

Day 1
     We left home at 9am and drove the truck to the airport Fairfield Inn. We paid $25 to park the truck there while we were gone. The hotel shuttled us to the airport for free and we checked all our bags. Tiff and Jaren had just arrived when we rolled in. Tiff and I fed the babies before we got on the plane. The girls were so excited for the plane ride. Kyn was squealing when we took off. haha she loved it! Kam and J sat together and Jake and I sat with Kyn and Charli. Charli slept in my arms for a bit before we landed. It was only an hour and 45 min flight. As soon as we landed we raced over to terminal 7 to catch the Disney Express shuttle before it left for another hour. As soon as we got to the curb we saw the shuttle pull up with Disneyland and mickey mouse in big print! We all started to cheer because we made it just in time! We got off and the Simper's hotel because it was the first stop and they were staying at Disney's Paradise Peer and it had a waterslide. So we let the kiddos swim. I had a melt down that first afternoon because I could not get Charli to sleep and she had only slept 20 minutes on the plane. Jake took over pushing the stroller with her in her carseat and she fell right to sleep. Once we got to our hotel I was much happier. Charli slept great and I had all our bags again. We stayed at the Hyatt House. Brand new hotel kiddy-corner from the park. LOVED the hotel! We had a king bed, and the girls had bunk beds and a sleeper sofa for Kam behind a set of sliding french doors. We brought a whole bag of just snacks. So I could put a bunch of drinks and snacks in the fridge and use the microwave for leftovers. That night we walked across the street and got a big pizza, spaghetti and salad to share. We ate at a huge table in the hotel lobby. While Jake and Kam were finishing, I took Kyn and Charli up to the room and put them to bed.




 

 

Day 2
          The girls cracked the dawn excited for Disneyland. Jake took them down stairs to eat breakfast. Our hotel and an amazing hot breakfast every morning. I got up and started to get ready before Charli woke up. We had a special delivery outside our room door from Moana! She left the girls magic blue shell necklaces just like hers and a note. They were SO excited. We packed the stroller to the hilt with snacks, baby stuff and drinks. We had one day to use a "magic morning" where you get into the park an hour before it opens. So we were there at 8:45 ready for the fun.We walked a little less than a mile to the park entrance from our hotel. J usually rode on Jake's shoulders and Kyn sat on the front of the stroller. We rode a few rides in fantasy land first. Charli slept in the stroller great all three days, which was a huge relief. While she slept, Kam waited in the line to meet the princesses and we took the girls over to meet Moana. The girls loved showing her their necklaces. Then we ran over to meet the princesses in Royal Hall. They got to meet Cinderella first then in the next room they ran right up to Ariel, then Snow White in the last room. Kynli was star struck! It was so cute to see their faces! Tiff and I would go to the baby center to feed Charli and Sadie. On my way over I noticed Mary Poppins. So Jake brought the girls over. Kynli walked right up to her and asked if she would sing her a song. Mary sang "spoon full of sugar" I didn't get to see it but apparently it was the most adorable thing ever!
(side note: I got mastitis a few days before our trip. I had to take an antibiotic and felt so crappy that my milk supply went way down. With less milk and fearing Charli could get diarrhea and thrush, I decided to pump each feeding first and use that and formula in a bottle. I actually felt great on Sunday only two days into the antibiotic so against  my doctor's recommendation I stopped the antibiotic on Tuesday night and was able to give Charli breast milk w/o any antibiotic. It was terrible timing for such a huge adjustment but we got along just fine. I had to carry the pump and all the supplies with me everywhere but Charli ate and we were all happy.)
We rode several more rides in Tomorrow land like Space Mountain and Autopia. After we went over to Toon Town to see Mickey. We walked through his "house" and then got to meet him separately by group. The girls were so excited. Their faces were priceless. They gave him "uhgamugas" (Eskimo kiss) and hugs and showed him their Moana necklaces. It was adorable. The sun was out and I worked up a sweat fast running around the park so much. We all went back to the hotels for a little break and lunch. I let Charli nap and eat. The girls loved watching the Disney Jr channel in the room. Jake took J and Kyn back to the park and Kam and I waited for Charli to wake up at the hotel. Jake met back up with Tiff and rode more rides like Finding nemo and the Matterhorn. Kam, Charli and I made it back just in time to find a spot for the electric parade. SO COOL! Several floats long, all light up with thousands of lights. We saw Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Pete's Dragon, Tinkerbell each with huge floats and music. Jayli wanted to ride more rides after. Kynli fell asleep on Jake so Kam, Jayli and I rode matterhorn again and splash mountain. Charli fell asleep too so Jake just sat on a bench and chilled. We took everybody home and Jake and Kam went next door to Ihop and grabbed us some dinner. Jayli finished off the pizza and went to bed. Charli nursed and went right back to sleep.















 



 

 
 Day 3
      Kynli woke up early again and Jake took the girls down to eat breakfast. Ariel had left coins for the girls to find the penny press machines and make their own collection. We grabbed our jackets because we noticed it might rain. We went to California Adventure. It started to rain a lot and all I had waterproof was an umbrella. We were getting soaked. Shoes, hair, everything was wet. I grabbed fast passes for Cars Racers ride and some ponchos at a gift shop while everyone else rode the Soarin ride. Tiff and I fed the babies then we hurried over to meet up with everyone else for the Disney Jr live show. It was so cute. They had Mickey's clubhouse and Doc Mcstuffins, Sophia the First and Neverland Pirates all rolled into one show. They had bubbles and gold paper and streamers all fall from the ceiling. Super fun. Jake and I ran over to First Aid so I could get some ice for the extra breast milk I had saved. That's when we realized I didn't have my brown bag with everything in it! License, park tickets, phone, credit card, room key. We both panicked trying to retrace my steps. All of a sudden I realized that I could use the "find my iphone" tool. It worked and we found it back at the Disney Jr. studio. I think I had set it down when I was trying to get Charli in the pack. What a relief! Next we went to cars land and rode a few rides there. Then we made it over to the Frozen live show. Very very cool! So many special effects! We were all tired from the long day. It was about 5. So we just went to Simpers' room which was right inside the park for a break. We fed the babies and Jake an Jaren went to McDonalds and got dinner. The Simpers stayed back but we headed out for more rides at Paradise Pier. Jayli loved Goofy's Sky School. With the rider swap the kids get to ride twice so eat parent can ride while one sits with the baby. So awesome! Kynli liked the golden Zepher ride. There was no line so we each rode it with her separately! Charli was out for the night in the stroller and Kyn started to get whinny so we headed back to the room for the night. Jake and I packed up a little bit so that tomorrow we were ready to go.




 
  
 




  


Day 4
Everyone slept in longer today because Kyn got a nap yesterday and didn't have to go to bed as early. Like before Jake took the girls down for breakfast while Kam and I got ready with Charli. We had to finish packing everything. When they came back in the room Minnie Mouse had left cute ears for them to wear and a note. They loved the ears! Jake set up an Uber to take him and all the luggage to Tiff's hotel which is in California Adventure. I checked out and ate breakfast, then the car came back and picked up the rest of us so we didn't have to walk to the park. The whole transfer only cost $6! Since we chose to go to California Adventure the last day we were right there. We rode the Ariel ride all together, big roller coaster and and cars racers again and soarin. Tyce and Kyn rode the rides in bugs land and the carousel. We went over to Hollywood Land and the girls got to meet Elsa and Anna without waiting. They were both beside themselves! So adorable. They sat there and chatted for probably ten minutes and we took a hundred pictures. Afterward we rode the Monsters' Inc ride. When that was done we met Olaf. He couldn't talk so I helped by singing part of his "Summer" song in my best Olaf voice. The girls were laughing as he danced around while I sang. Then Kam and I went to the baby center to feed Charli and Jake took the girls to meet Judy Hops and Nick from Zootopia. They met up with the Simpers and watched Turtle Talk with Crush while we finished up with Charli. We finished up with rides and went to Simper's hotel to wait for the shuttle to go to the airport. The rest of the day was airport, plane and driving home. All three girls slept on the drive home. So nice to be back in our own beds. The trip was wonderful and I loved it more than I thought. I will definitely take them back. But the weather was great in February minus a little rain. Love seeing the real magic in their eyes. It made all the planning and stress worth it. 



 




 

No comments: