Saturday, December 20, 2014

Potty Training

 Potty training has been a night mare. I've tried about 3 other times this year to potty train Jayli, with zero success. No one could influence her to go on the potty. Not candy, or toys, or any of her favorite people. She hated the potty! But one day I took her diapers away and just made her wear panties. She wet them about 15 times but after awhile she started to catch on. Finally I got her to go #2 on the potty! That was easier because I could tell when she was trying to go. So we'd run and sit on the potty. Finally one time she came out and said, "i did it!" And she really did! From then on she didn't have any #2 accidents. We slowly caught on to going pee in the potty. But after lots of accidents and candy and dollar store trips and 4 sticker charts.... we got it. Of course this was all during the holidays, but Jayli Ann now goes on the potty! And I deserve a big, golden trophy... stuffed with cash and... chocolate! 




No comments: