We decided to attend the annual Lake Powell trip this Summer. I was nervous to have Kynli there since she was still so little, 3 1/2 months. But everything actually turned out great. Both girls did way better than I thought. We left home Thursday morning and drove all the way. We had to stop a few times on the way down to give the girls breaks. Once we got there Jayli jumped right into playing with the Armstrong kids. I was still nervous the first day and night trying to figure out how to get Kynli to nap and be happy on a hot boat with 25 people. But she did so great. She napped better there than at home. Probably because she was so worn out. Our four slept in the front room and the Simpers slept in the back room. Everyone else slept on top of the house boat. I brought filtered water and a thermos to use for Kynli's bottles. We would heat the filtered water on the stove every morning and fill our thermos. It would last us all day, so we didn't have to worry about heating bottles every time. We played in the sand and swam around the house boat and took turns out on the ski boats. I hadn't skied or wake boarded or surfed for 4 years! So I really enjoyed getting a chance to do it all again. We tried to talk Jayli into skiing but she wouldn't have it. Jake tricked her into surfing with him though, and we even got pictures. Jayli had her 3rd birthday while we were there. So I brought cake and candles. She got to open a few gifts. Jen brought glow sticks for the kids and Jake brought a glo bow to set off on top of the house boat that night. It was really cool. He's had it since his mission! The drive home was great. Kynli slept the entire time! She woke up once when we stopped to eat, but she just sat there so quietly while we ate. We had Jayli's birthday dinner at Wingers.





No comments:
Post a Comment