Apparently she figured out how to climb over the side of her crib and jump down onto the floor. We were hoping she was just so worked up that she had enough adrenaline to jump out. I held her in her room till she feel asleep then laid her down for the night. About an hour later, Jake and I were falling asleep in our room when I heard her cry. I quickly got out of bed to go into her room. Before I got to the hall she was running into my room! I was so shocked! I picked her up and she immediately laid her head down on my shoulder and fell back to sleep. If she remembers how to jump out of her crib half awake then, she's gonna do it again and possibly get hurt. I laid her back in her crib and hoped she wouldn't wake up again until morning. Luckily I got my wish. So first thing that next day Jake took the side rail off of her crib. One week later we had a toddler bed delivered to our door. Jayli was SO excited to help Jake put all the pieces together. She is so much like him! Loved all the tools and screws. She was elated! All in all she has been awesome about staying in her bed to go to sleep at night. But she loves to run into our room in the morning and jump in between us. Something I'm not so upset about. :)
Friday, January 10, 2014
Big girl bed
One night Jayli was exceptionally unhappy for bedtime. Jake read her a few books and then put her in her crib. She immediately stood up and started saying, "no wait, no wait!" He told her to lay down and go to sleep. He walked out of the room and she started throwing a huge tantrum. I came down the hall to see what the matter was. We were standing outside of her room trying to figure out what to do and all of a sudden she opens her door and runs out of her room and right between us. We look at each other like, "how the heck?" She ran into the front room and jumped on the couch and looked back at us down the hall. We just started laughing.
Apparently she figured out how to climb over the side of her crib and jump down onto the floor. We were hoping she was just so worked up that she had enough adrenaline to jump out. I held her in her room till she feel asleep then laid her down for the night. About an hour later, Jake and I were falling asleep in our room when I heard her cry. I quickly got out of bed to go into her room. Before I got to the hall she was running into my room! I was so shocked! I picked her up and she immediately laid her head down on my shoulder and fell back to sleep. If she remembers how to jump out of her crib half awake then, she's gonna do it again and possibly get hurt. I laid her back in her crib and hoped she wouldn't wake up again until morning. Luckily I got my wish. So first thing that next day Jake took the side rail off of her crib. One week later we had a toddler bed delivered to our door. Jayli was SO excited to help Jake put all the pieces together. She is so much like him! Loved all the tools and screws. She was elated! All in all she has been awesome about staying in her bed to go to sleep at night. But she loves to run into our room in the morning and jump in between us. Something I'm not so upset about. :)
Apparently she figured out how to climb over the side of her crib and jump down onto the floor. We were hoping she was just so worked up that she had enough adrenaline to jump out. I held her in her room till she feel asleep then laid her down for the night. About an hour later, Jake and I were falling asleep in our room when I heard her cry. I quickly got out of bed to go into her room. Before I got to the hall she was running into my room! I was so shocked! I picked her up and she immediately laid her head down on my shoulder and fell back to sleep. If she remembers how to jump out of her crib half awake then, she's gonna do it again and possibly get hurt. I laid her back in her crib and hoped she wouldn't wake up again until morning. Luckily I got my wish. So first thing that next day Jake took the side rail off of her crib. One week later we had a toddler bed delivered to our door. Jayli was SO excited to help Jake put all the pieces together. She is so much like him! Loved all the tools and screws. She was elated! All in all she has been awesome about staying in her bed to go to sleep at night. But she loves to run into our room in the morning and jump in between us. Something I'm not so upset about. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment